Established in January 4th 1993, Greenyard has been Building a Better Tomorrow here with and
for the community by offering both 8-4-4 and CBC curriculum and developing a WHOLE
PERSON. Imagine a school where educators emphasis not only how learners grasping skills and
knowledge but also spend time to reflect how they impact their learners on the people they
become. Here in Greenyard Junior School, what we teach, how we teach and who we are as
educators and role models are the most important factors in developing a learner into a
responsible citizen, a whole human being. Educating the whole person is an important shift
within basic education, and may be one of the most significant and valuable outcomes of
learning as it has the potential to cultivate learners who are critical thinkers, life-long learners,
and global citizens.
We believe and live by the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Leadership
teaching starts from a tender age (Play Group) We believe our learners should evolve from
dependent on their parents/teachers, to independent where they can do anything by
themselves and eventually interdependent where they can teach/assist other learners or
friends. We are a Leader in Me School. Leader in Me framework is based on the SEE-DO-GET
Model which begins with the 5 Core Paradigm that drives the practices found in the Leadership,
Culture and Academic columns.
The core paradigms are
1. Paradigm of Leadership – Everyone can be a leader
2. Paradigm of Potential – Everyone has genius
3. Paradigm of Change – Change starts with me
4. Paradigm of Motivation – Educators Empower students to lead their own learning
5. Paradigm of Education – Develop the whole person
The 7 Habits we believe and live by are:
- Be Proactive
- Begin with end in mind
- Put first things first
- Think win-win
- Seek First to Understand to be Understood
- Sharpen the saw
In Summary, our objective as a Leader in Me School is to ensure that each habit can benefit our learners and the community at large i.e.:
• Habits 1, 2, and 3 are focused on self-mastery and moving from dependence to independence.
• Habits 4, 5, and 6 are focused on developing teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills, and moving from independence to interdependence.
• Habit 7 is focused on continuous growth and improvement and embodies all the other habits.